Rather than buying a new dishwasher I decided to call an appliance repair company to try to get it working. It was a company that my mother had used in the past. They came out on August 7 and seemed to get it working but when I tried it later it had the same problem. After calling every day and leaving messages for a week, they came out again pushed several buttons on the control panel and said it was working. I tried it again and found it would only work through half the cycle and quit. I called again every day for a week and finally got a message that they had called Kenmore Appliances but they didnt know what was wrong with it. I called again every day for a a week and left messages. Finally on August 27 I wrote a letter to the appliance company to 2 different addresses they had given me and I found on-line. I offered them the return of their parts for a refund if they could not fix it. I have not heard from them.